NZASP Constitution and Rules of Play
NZASP operates under this Constitution (last updated 26 January 2019).
All tournaments in New Zealand which are recognised by NZASP follow these Rules of Play. Some key rules to be aware of are:
- The official word source is Collins Official Scrabble Words 2019 (CSW19).
- Each player has 25 minutes to make all their turns (timed on a chess clock).
- A player can only swap tiles if there are 7 or more tiles in the bag before the swap.
- If a player challenges a word that is proven correct, the player who played the word gets an extra 5 points on top of their score for the turn.
- If a player challenges a word that is proven incorrect, the player who played the word removes the tiles from the board and loses their turn.
Amendments to the Constitution and Rules of Play (see below) can be proposed at any Annual General or Special meeting of NZASP.
Any changes to the Rules of Play should be discussed with the Rules Committee before being proposed at a meeting. The Rules Committee comprises:
- Liz Fagerlund: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenda Foster: email@example.com
- John Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Smith: email@example.com